Thursday, March 10, 2011

3 Day Recap

I finally have Internet access!!!
We were so proud of our girls, they endured the flight beautifully. We did not hear one complaint, have one tear, or anything. They could not have been better travelers.
 
It is about 55 right now, after a long frigid winter John & I are in heaven. John, however, is the only one in shorts.
 
We arrived in Hong Kong at about 6:30 Thursday morning, we collected our bags and proceeded to go thru customs and immigration. We then braved a taxi ride to the Disney resort and checked in early. We were so excited to have a shower, its the little things that make life wonderful!
 
We then proceeded to the park and enjoyed the rides and people watching. We however were the object of the watching. Lexi is having to adjust to staring and pointing. She caught one group of girls taking a photo of her hair, she is handling it with grace. We rode Space Mountain, Dumbo, and Buzz light year along with a few shows. At about 2:30 the time change started to really affect us, so we headed back to the hotel for a nap. We were planning on going back to the park for  the fireworks and more rides, except we ended up sleeping until early morning! We must have been really tired!!! I guess that is what happens when you miss Wednesday completely!
 
It is starting to sink in that we are really here. I find that about every 5-6 hours my eyes start welling up and I have to fight back the tears. I guess I really must not have believed this was really going to happen. John & I were talking about how hard it is to be this close to her and yet we still have a bit more waiting. We are just really focusing on spending this time enjoying our trip and our girls.
 
I will post photos later, still working out the bugs...

4 comments:

Ashley McCea said...

I'm so glad that you are enjoying this! I hope that this is the trip of a lifetime for you all and that when you look back you have fond memories! Take in everything that you can I want every little detail! I love you all and can't wait to have you back in the good ol' US of A! Thanks for the email today! It made my whole day! :)

Tereasa said...

Dad and I are so glad to finally hear form you and to know that the trip went well. I knew you would be tired but would galantly stay up as long as possible. It was Disney after all!!! Lexie's hair huh? I wish I could have seen her face. I think it's because she is so beautiful. Sophie is fine, a little cranky at Lily sometimes and lonely. She gets lots of cuddles and is really doing fine. We are counting hours so we can kind of follow your path. Tell us a little about Hong Kong and what the girls think of it. We love and miss you. I talk to Ash twice a day for sure and more if she wants me. Kisses and hugs always, we are so proud of all of you and can't wait to see more pictures. Love, Mom

4Baers said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying Hong Kong. We can't wait to hear more!

China Dreams said...

Glad you are able to get Internet access and look forward to following your journey; thanks for sharing.

Ruby