Sunday, April 19, 2009

The loss...

I have been guilty of being a blog stalker, I have a google reader list that is embarrassingly long. I have laughed and cried when children are united with their forever family, grieved with these families, and hoped for our turn one day. The closer we come to a referral I find myself getting more excited and also more apprehensive. What if I did not prepare myself and my family well enough for this momentous occasion? What happens if I fail in reading all the signs of grief and attachment this precious child gives us? Do we have the patience, love, and compassion this child will need? While I have wasted plenty of time on the Internet, I have learned valuable lessons from those who have gone ahead of us. Moms who love their children with a fierce and determined love, educated in how to best work their child through these tremendous losses. I hope that I too will have the strength and knowledge to teach my daughter about love, faithfulness, and security.

1 comment:

Mom Of Many said...

Lyndsey,
Thank you for your sweet comment. I just hopped over to your blog! How thrilling that you are nearing the end of your wait - oh Lyndsey!! So exciting and once she is in your arms you won't believe that you waited that long. You really won't! It all melts away when you are snuggling with her!

I cannot wait to see the pictures and follow your journey. God is so faithful and I believe that He will give you all the wisdom you need to raise her as you ask Him...He is so faithful!!

I will be your first follower - Yippee Jesus!

And as far as the sign...I would love you to make one...do you have a web site? I have been praying about someone doing that.

Love, Linny